Yes, you read that right — I’m Sydnee in Sydney!
I am a visual and graphic designer originally from California, now based in Sydney, Australia. I graduated from the University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Arts in Design and minor in Professional Writing. Organisations I have worked with include the UC Davis School of Law, The California Aggie, and Bangarra Dance Theatre.
I love creating aesthetically pleasing and thoughtful designs backed by research, and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to solve meaningful problems. I am happy to communicate directly with clients, liaison between teams, and collaborate with external contractors such as developers and illustrators.
I value working on projects with a purpose, especially those that form a human connection. I have a passion for people and stories, and enjoy exploring the ways the arts and writing can bring people together to communicate a message or create shared experiences.
My favourite museum experiences are ones that invite visitors to interact and contribute to an installation, whether that be by drawing on a wall, jotting down a response, or sharing a detail about themselves anonymously. My favourite stories are from the Humans of New York series, and all of its spin-offs have my heart.
In short, human-centered design and storytelling are at the core of what I love to do.
I am keen to work on more projects related to visual design, graphic design, and UX/UI design in my next role — and am always interested in learning something new!
- Graphic Designer for UC Davis School of Law
- Design Director for The California Aggie
- Layout Artist for The California Aggie
- Design Associate for Design Interactive
- Director of Graphic Design for Open Ceilings Literary Magazine
- Knowledge Ground Intern for Bangarra Dance Theatre
- Assistant Graphic Director for UC Davis Picnic Day
- Bachelor of Arts in Design
- Minor in Professional Writing
- University of California, Davis